Greetings from Lone Grove, Oklahoma! Just another sultry day in paradise. Heading to Las Vegas for a week to see some folks and host a Cigar Smoker at the Stirling Club. Here is an update on upcoming Godfather events:
· CIO Mixer at Hollywood Park was rocking! We had 25 CIOs. It was so much fun that we are doing it all again at Del Mar August 11 in the Bing Crosby Celebrity Suite. For my CIO/CTO friends and clients, email me for the official invitation.
· “Sit Down” at House of Blues West Hollywood was a sell out. Awesome turnout of 70 executives, entrepreneurs and celebrities. Next event is at the San Diego Yacht Club in July. Executives, entrepreneurs and celebrities.
· Dallas “Sit Downs” are selling out as well. My ranch is only 90 minutes north of Dallas, which has some of the best people in the world. We are really enjoying the Midwest culture and lifestyle. A church on every corner!
· Big Brown not winning the Triple Crown was a shocker. The up side is that our two year old colt, Backbackbackgone, now has a shot at history next year in the Kentucky Derby. Thirty two years since a horse has won the Triple Crown. BBBG has two of the ten fastest times in the world this year. He was a little sore after winning the Willard Proctor Stakes at Hollywood Park, so we are giving him two months off. I think he could end up being very special.
· We finally purchased a house in Lone Grove. We were going to build, however there is a huge boom in Oklahoma right now, so we’ll sit it out until prices come down. Picked up several parcels of land, including a nice piece of land with a bass lake. Fishing every day!
· Looking for several talented financial executives. A CFO with extensive SEC experience at highly recognizable companies (high tech preferred – comp is $300K+), CFO at $200K for an international assignement and a VP, Investor Relations for a Las Vegas based organization. If you know anyone that would be a strong fit, send ’em!
That’s it from Lone Grove, Oklahoma. If I can help in any way, please feel free to call!