Thank you to everyone that attended the Godfather “Sit Down” last night! We had 85 of the most amazing people ever. Pictures from the evening are available HERE. Also, those same pictures will appear in my “Godfather’s Executive Brief” newsletter next month. Where else can you find all these people in one room?
- Glenn Schaeffer (Mandalay Resort Group, Fontainebleau Resorts)
- Jon Wolfe (Binion Enterprises)
- Rich Baldwin (Tropicana Entertainment)
- Gregg Giuffria (Rock Star, Gaming Executive, Owner of Hard Rock Biloxi)
- Dan Stark (Boyd Gaming)
- Ken Ciancimino (Las Vegas Hilton)
- Mary Thomas, Jordan Clark, Brad Warga (Harrah’s Entertainment)
- Leslie Klinger (Venetian)
- Mark Brown (Zen Gaming)
- Gary Kapral (Bally Technologies)
- David Oxstein (Entrepreneur)
- Sanjiv Goyal (Entrepreneur)
- Steve Brockman (Builders Capital)
- Councilman Stavros Anthony
- Former Senator Sandra Tiffany
- Mike Flanagan and David Gurfein (American Heroes)
- Johnny Thompson (Elvis)
- Billy Taylor (R&B Recording Artist)
- Danny Seraphine (Rock Group Chicago)
- Kendall Tenney (TV News Anchor)
- Rudy (YES, that Rudy!)
- Steve Dacri (Magician)
- Karen Iglesias (Make-A-Wish)
- Erin Cornelius (Big Brothers Big Sisters)
- Steven Cantrell (Athletes for Life)
I may just have the best friends of all time. Thanks to each and every one of you for attending. I am truly grateful to the following:
- God. First and foremost, I thank God for the opportunity to meet all of you. I am exceedingly blessed!
- Wade Harris (CommVault), Darrel Kammeyer (Microstrategy), Chuck Halsey (Willis) and Pat Murphy (Brocade) – Thank you to our sponsors for making the event possible!
- Red Rock Resort – A flawless event in one of the most beautiful High Roller Suites in Las Vegas. Thank you to Ronan O’Gorman, Melissa Tribus, Bob Tedesco and the Red Rock staff for a five star experience.
- Susan and Julie – Thank you to my wife and her Sister for helping with the drink tickets and hosting duties.
- The BEST Guests! – The value proposition for Godfather “Sit Downs” is the opportunity to meet the best people in Las Vegas – all in one place, all in one night. Thanks to each of you for attending and bringing along so many great new people.
Here are a few event notes, and previews of coming attractions!
- THE BIG 80s Remix (September). The next event will be a fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Sponsored by The Sands Foundation and hosted by my friends Greg "The Greg Kihn Band" and Skip "Kool & the Gang" Martin. You will receive invitations in the next two weeks. General Admission tickets are $50. Sponsorships are $1,000 to $5,000 and include adult beverages and VIP Seating. Check out www.bbbsn.org, or contact me directly for sponsorship.
- House of Blues West Hollywood (November). My last Hollywood event of the year will be November 4 at HOB West Hollywood.
- Las Vegas Hilton (November). We had so much fun in the Elvis Suite last time, we’ll do it all again in November during G2E week. This time we’ll give Barry Manilow the boot and use the "Conrad" Suite on the roof of the Hilton. If you have not seen it – possibly the most gorgeous Suite in Las Vegas.
Until we meet again – remember, if God is for us, who can be against us!